Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Moebius Music

I came across this Youtube video - an excuse, I thought, to repost the poem below, which I wrote a while ago.





Moebius Love Poem

Take a strip of paper:
twist it once and then
glue the ends together
so that when
you run your finger
along one side, it turns
into the other side.

This is extraordinary,
you think. A one-sided
piece of paper,
proclaiming the reality
of strangeness
in a world full of
two-sided pieces of paper.

Somehow we got twisted up
like this, so that
when I run my finger
along your side,
I'm no longer sure
where you end
and I begin.

6 comments:

The Solitary Walker said...

A very sweet last verse, Dominic.

Joanne Noragon said...

That's a wonderful analogy. A moebius is useful for so many things.

Gerry Snape said...

Really love this poem Dominic

A Cuban In London said...

Beautiful poem, especially the ending. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

George said...

A lovely poem, Dominic, ending, like all good poems, with an unexpected revelation.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Love it! The poem, the music, the video, the moebius, the whole marvellous mysterious shebang.