Thursday, 31 January 2013

Hopes and Dreams

I've just had a piece posted on Rachel Fox's new blog All Our Hopes and Dreams (thank you, Rachel). In case you're not familiar with it, it's a project extending an ongoing open invitation to anyone who wants to to send Rachel a piece about their hopes and dreams. If that leaves you scratching your head, she provides a few questions to help potential essayists to get going:

1. What were your hopes and dreams when you were a child?
2. Did any of them come true in any sense?
3. What are your hopes and dreams now?
4. Do you really think any of them are possible?

I don't think answering them is compulsory - in fact, I think she's open to all kinds of submissions on the theme of hopes and dreams in all kinds of media.

You can read what I wrote here.



6 comments:

George said...

Well done, Dominic. I assume you read my comment on the site. I was inspired by what you said over as "Words and Silence," and after looking into the matter, I submitted my own little contribution, which I assume will be published soon.

Rachel Fox said...

After Dominic's just one ahead of you in the line, George! And I'm publishing a new one every couple of days (with slow-down over the weekends...).
So far it is exceeding my hopes for the blog by a good distance. Interesting, funny, deep and shallow... all the good stuff.
x

tony said...

What An Interesting Idea Dominic.Some Questions I Haven't Even Asked Myself Recently!

Gwil W said...

Great childhood adventure seeker photo to the piece Dominic. Worth a proverbial 1,000 words!

The Weaver of Grass said...

My hopes and dreams basically are to stay alive and reasonably well as long as I can. I find that as one gets older one's aims tend to get smaller.

Dominic Rivron said...

Thanks for these comments everyone!