Monday, 12 December 2011

IPYPIASM

I though I should get into the spirit of International Put Your Poem In A Shop Month. Yesterday I paid a visit to the local garden centre. They have some very nice plants with big red leaves on. They were also giving out free coffee and mince pies. Brief, spontaneous and heavily reliant on an ancient TV series but there we go. It's a start...









The Flowerpot Man's Love Song

Obadob flobadob
Little Weed!

You've taken root
but you ain't gone to seed.


Obadob flobadob
Little Weed!

You look bloomin' wonderful,
Petal, indeed.


Obadob flobadob
Little Weed!

9 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Got the poinsettia blues?
x

Peter Goulding said...

Ha! Love it! And remember the TV series too! Excellent placement too. England off the mark - well done!

Niamh B said...

whoop! don't remember the series, but I like the poem, think it would sound good aloud...

Argent said...

Hehe, brilliant!

Titus said...

Oh, be still my beating heart! One of my favourite programmes as a child, in all its utter madness. Remember how Bill and Ben had different personalities? But, ancient...?!

Poem great, strange red plants great, and it's all about love. Come on England!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Poinsettias with red bracts Dominic - nobody would ever believe you were the son of a keen gardener! This beats the Clute poems but does rather give away your age/

The Bug said...

Good job! I'm glad you joined the fray :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Yay! Bill and Ben - love it! Takes me home, that does :)

Emerging Writer said...

Love it. Little Weeeeeeed!