Pages

Saturday, 24 September 2011

The Poetry of Margery Clute (4)

Poem, 1867

What lies between my Ears?
So many things remembered,
Set aside lest I Forget -
My hopes, my Fears - although
The Image fades with Time
To shades of Grey.


Margery Clute (1824-76)



The Cuckoo

The Cuckoo pecked
At the Portal of my Mind
Hoping, no doubt,
A Little Seed to find.

O Cuckoo, Sing!
Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo.
Your Fluting Song of Spring
Is not unkind.

Margery Clute (1824-76)

If you missed the first installment, which provided some background information regarding Margery Clute's poetry, you can read it here.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

This is becoming monotonous - is there no end to her mediocre (nay - awful) poetry?

Enigmatic Soul said...

I liked it. Short, simple and beautifully written.