Saturday, 30 April 2011

Die Tödliche Doris

Not wishing to reinvent the wheel, I'll leave a description of the long-defunct Die Tödliche Doris to their Wikipedia page. Unfortunately, their name doesn't translate well. In English, they were "Deadly Doris". However, in German, change the r in Doris to an s and apparently they become "The Deadly Dose". (An English equivalent -although it's a completely different name- might be "Lethal Rose"). They're well worth a Google if, like me, you like this kind of thing.

I said they're defunct, but, actually, according to their own publicity,

The Deadly Doris broke into three parts in 1987. Each of the three members of the group transported the multi-parted Deadly Doris into one or several different conditions. Wolfgang Müller transformed Deadly Doris into white wine.


Wolfgang Müller's myspace page is here.

6 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

Talk bout lost in translation.
Proof's in the lugholes....will report back when I can get the thing to work...

Niamh B said...

yeah - can't say I'd be too worried about making it to a live gig of theirs... lol

Rachel Fenton said...

HAha! Brilliant! I love how the first performer totally fluffed the fire breathing and then repeated it - good hair removal technique! I imagine it will take off in old folks' homes!

Dominic Rivron said...

Thanks for these comments.

RF: It works here. It may have been a mistake I made in the html for the link. Free free to try again.

Niamh B: If it's live gigs you're after, there's a self-mutilation artist doing a tour of Britain and Ireland at the moment. He removes parts of his body on stage. If you want to see him, check him out, because there aren't many performances left.

RF: It may. It's certainly a new angle on music therapy.

patteran said...

Tristan Tzara and Hugo Ball are waiting in the wings...

Alan Burnett said...

I had an Auntie Doris who lived in Bradford. I can't recall her ever fire eating, but she did have a paraffin stove