Thursday, 31 March 2011

Nightmare Alley (2)

And indeed I woke up the next morning with a vivid memory of another dream I'd just dreamt. (If you missed the previous "episodes" scroll down to the previous post):

I'm in a mine beneath the streets of London. There are others with me. In a recess in the floor there is a stop-cock of some kind. We try different spanners and various other tools but we are unable to turn it one way or the other. We give up and decide to leave. We agree to make our way North, to a location about half a mile away. Some time later I realize I'm alone and walking in the wrong direction. To make up lost time I decide to hail a cab. At first I think the cabman has seen me and is going to stop for me: but he doesn't. He's already carrying a fare. Fortunately, he stops to drop his fare off not far away and I run to catch him. He agrees to take me to my destination but produces a long form that needs to be filled in before he can do so...

6 comments:

AquaMarina said...

ooh that London.

you know it makes sense to head north as fast as possible

Gwilym Williams said...

Intriguing. Yo may be saving the world!

A friend of mine had a vivid dream about large waves the night before the Japanese tsunami.

Two nights ago I had a dream in which a lot of rain was falling on my anorak hood, I was in a small village in Wales, and I was trying to find shelter. I thought the rain was radioactive.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Have you thought of short story writing?

Titus said...

Yikes Dominic, what on earth's going on? Three-in-a-row is just plain weird. Must be a message in there somewhere, but apart from the Census I can't make it out....

The paiting below is the front cover of one of my books, and you'll keep me up all night working out which one. Grrr...

Rachel Fenton said...

For a period of a couple of years I kept a dream diary - in the cold light of day I would try to paint my dreams - almost impossible as it turned out; one thing morphs into another with no boundary in dreams. I still paint from that diary though. I love other people's dreams more than my own.

Dominic Rivron said...

Thanks for these comments, everyone.