Monday, 27 December 2010

Works of Art!

This Christmas we've been the lucky recipients of two pictures by local artist -and Trio Gitan fan- Denise Burden. The first one, commissioned by my mum, is of the band ((left to right, Jack, myself and Andy)! The pattern in the background, Denise told me, is the sound of the music.


The other -which Denise herself gave us- was a print called "For Them to Come", after a poem by CP Cavafy. This is a detail from it:




If you like them, have a look at her blog and Etsy shop, where you can find out more about the Cavafy poem.

6 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Immortalised!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes, Dom, I was so pleased that Denise managed to get the Trio done for you - also that she put a dancing hedgehog in the frame, knowing that you and Karen are such protectors of hedgehogs.

George said...

Lovely works of art, Dominic. May the new year bring you many blessings.

Niamh B said...

Great pictures! What lovely things to have!!

Karen said...

How very cool!

Kat Mortensen said...

Oh, I love that painting of the band! It reminds me of the characters in the intro to the Jeeves and Wooster series. (Now I'm hearing Ann Dudley music.)

Kat