Sunday, 2 May 2010

Rock and Roll

There's been a lot going on here for the last few days so I'm afraid I haven't had time to get to grips with this week's Poetry Bus project (hosted this week by the indefatigable watercats, where you will find links to many more Poetry Bus contributions). It had to be something to do with one or more of the following: sex and drugs and rock and roll. All I could manage was this very short film of a haiku. There's a rock and - a roll. A granary roll no less, from a famous supermarket. I didn't even have time to butter it for you.


Rock 'n' Roll Haiku

A roll on a rock:
stop and eat or break it and
throw it to the birds.

17 comments:

Poetikat said...

Ah ha! That's terrific! Very Confucian. (Is there such a word?)
Love the photo!

Poetikat said...

I love your voice, Dominic. It has such a lovely melliflous quality when you're speaking and singing.

the watercats said...

excellent creative film and spoken wordaging here! So far you lot are shaping up nicely :-D
It's also brilliant to put some voices on the type, it does make a huge difference and is seriously fun!
sterling stuff! absolutely sterling!

The Bug said...

I love it! But now I want a roll. Guess it's off to the grocery for me!

Totalfeckineejit said...

You're a gas man, Mr Rivron! And yet it hints at deeper things, like sandwiches!?

I likes this!

Sandra Leigh said...

I like it a lot, Dominic. Minimalist, it is, (yet? and?) very satisfying.

Enchanted Oak said...

This brief foray into rock & roll was fun, Dominic.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wish I had thought of that!

crazyfieldmouse said...

just perfect. and I love your voice
thanks
cfm

tony said...

No Chance Of A Jam?

Jeanne Iris said...

Oh, this is lovely, Dominic!

Poetikat said...

Just had to tell you that I played your "At the Zoo" song again yesterday and in the middle of the night, Kev says to me, I can't get to sleep because I can't get that "zoo-song" out of my head! I'm afraid I wasn't very sympathetic; I just mumbled, yeah, that happens sometimes.

Argent said...

What an original take on this. The words and image are very zen. Nice to hear your voice too.

Titus said...

I love the variety of the Bus!
Very taken with the rock. Think I'll pass on the roll. To the birds of the air indeed.

And they're right. Most zen.

Karen said...

Love it! Great fun!

Peter Goulding said...

Oh very groan-inducingly clever, Mr Rivron. Close to genius...

Dominic Rivron said...

Thanks for these comments, everybody.