Thursday, 22 April 2010

At the Zoo

I wrote this song a while ago, and have been meaning to make a Youtube video of it for ages. Below are the lyrics, for anyone who feels like singing along. (On the left is a picture of me, as drawn by TFE a while ago. I don't think I've posted it before. I was -and still am- very pleased with it! Who wouldn't be?)






AT THE ZOO

Am I living the dream
or am I dreaming I'm alive?
Are you what you say
or just a shadow in my mind?
Are they real the things we're saying,
Are they real the games we're playing?
I don't know what's going on
anymore than you.

Everybody's dreaming
everybody's dreaming
everybody's dreaming at the zoo.

Last night I saw an elephant
where I ought to see a tree
and a tin of chocolate biscuits
where the dustbin used to be
and I think things should be different
but I haven't got a clue:
I don't know what's going on
anymore than you.

Everybody's dreaming
everybody's dreaming
everybody's dreaming at the zoo.


8 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Just what I needed!
x

Dominic Rivron said...

RF: Pleased to be of service!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Two singalongs in one week - fantastic.
I can personally vouch for the likeness in TFE's portrait. If I could find mine I would post it too - he certainly hits the spot.

Niamh B said...

You're a kazoo genius

Elisabeth said...

Oh this is just so so wonderful. the depth of sentiment in your lyrics.

None of us have a clue at the zoo and the music and the kazoo and you and TFE's portrait, all wonderful.

I feel so at home with you.

Thanks for this Dominic. How clever you are.

Titus said...

Three part not-very-harmonies here!

And just to let you know there's a viol post now, here:

http://bassviol.blogspot.com/2010/04/viols-one-extreme-to-another.html

John Hayes said...

Kazoo break! I really like this song a lot--somewhat reminds me of the music by friend & blogmate L.E. Leone writes. & TFE's portrait is great.

Poetikat said...

Hey Dominic! Kevin and I just chimed in with you as you sang. It's a hit! Love it!

Nice to see you on film as well.

I'll be popping in to listen to this whenever I need a lift.

Thank you!