Saturday, 16 May 2009

Thanks are due...

Thanks are due to John Hayes for awarding me a Friendly Blogger Award. It always makes you feel good to be told you're friendly and I rather like the jpg that comes with it, too. I did wonder if it said "Friendly & Weird Blogger" on it at first (quite good, I thought) but no, it say "Friendly Blogger Award". Must be the glasses. I have agonized about who to pass it on to...

Thanks are also due to Ernesto, for awarding me the Creative Blogger Award. This requires me to list seven things (not people) I love in no particular order. So here goes:

Being by the sea
Drinking the odd malt whisky
Jordan's “Crunchy” breakfast cereals
Watching Star Trek (any series) and Dr Who (all-time favourite Doctor: David Tennant)
Sitting in the garden (but not when it's raining or snowing)
Spending time with friends
Eating bread (white, thick sliced) and marmite in bed

And while mulling over my list of seven things, I discover I've been awarded a Premio Dardo award by Lyn, which is given “in recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing”. Thank you, Lyn.

Who should I award these awards to? I'm spoilt for choice, since I read the blogs I read because I consider them to be friendly, creative and original. I find it quite impossible to choose.

As regards the Friendly Blogger Award, it seems to me that a good friend is both an attentive listener (or in the case of a blog, reader) and game for a laugh. As a result, I have devised the following self-awarding system. If you regularly visit this blog and can answer the following questions, feel free to -in fact, please do- award yourself a prize: a Friendly Blogger Award. Just copy the picture from the right margin!

All the questions are based on past posts to this blog and the answers are obvious when you find them. You are allowed to use the “search blog” facility, of course.

Here we go with the questions:

Which part of the body is primarily involved in the practice of “boku maru”?

Which book, published in 1941, incorporates engaging illustrations explaining how the human body works?

What did Karl Marx squeeze while writing Das Kapital?

Who wrote a haiku about being a snowman?

Great Aunt Maria is more commonly referred to as what?


Have fun!


8 comments:

John Hayes said...

Hi Dominic:

You certainly deserve all this recognition, & kudos for coming up with such a novel way of passing on the award!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Hi Dominic. is it possible to have 2 Kreativ awards? If so pick up another at mine.

Dominic Rivron said...

JH: Thank you for the kind comment.

TFE: Is it possible to have two? Why not? It just required a minor alteration to my right margin. Thank you!

Rachel Fox said...

I went and looked up all your answers..just hate not knowing answers! I'll leave them for others to hunt out too though.
x

Dominic Rivron said...

That's what I like to hear! :)

Poetikat said...

Congratulations on your well deserved awards (multiples included)!

Re: the quiz

1. n/a
2. Grey's Anatomy?
3. His buttocks?
4. Some Japanese guy or Ogden Nash?
5. A famous mountain?

(You'll have to forgive me, I've only been coming here for a short time.)

Kat

Dominic Rivron said...

0/5 I'm afraid. Good try, though. Your answer to question 3 is undeniable in a funny sort of way. :)(Clue: the real answer refers to the lyrics of a Nick Cave song). The quickest way to answer the questions is to use the "search blog" facility at the top left of blog's main page and search for important words from each question, one question at a time.

Poetikat said...

But that wouldn't be near as much fun (in any case, it would be cheating).

As for Gauguin, I couldn't mention "Tahiti" without him.

Kat